Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What was I up to on Sunday?

On Sunday my friend Jen and I decided to make an early start to our day and hit the European Flea Market to benefit the Oregon Spay/Neuter Fund and the Animal Rescue & Care Fund.



Human Blood! This box was fantastic - I mean, wha a great Halloween prop, right?? But priced at $25.00 we were not buying.


I fell in love with a glass bottle collection and envy people who decorate with things from another time. I always enjoyed the cluttered collection look even though I myself am far too OCD to handle that look in my own home.


I also have a special place in my heart for minatures. I always envied friends with doll houses and wished I made one when I was a young girl and had the space and free time for such a venture.


"BOO Tie"!


Jen had a lot of fun in the costuming section with the masks.


I never knew they made porcelain teeth holders, let alone this many types of them! Disturbing...especially buying one that is "used"....ummm ewww...


This was one of my purchases that now lies under my Eucalyptus...a sweet carved stone kitty.


Here is The Chevy store which is where the flea market was - well, the flea market was actually in its parking lot. But I could not resist a photo opportunity with the Camaro RS and vintage cooler collection.


Next on our Sunday afternoon plans was the Out of the Darkness Walk to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in downtown Portland starting at the Marriott Hotel.



The crowd walking down the waterfront.


Jen's shadow with her Iphone and parasol.


"Make Love"



The crowd walks over the steel bridge to the new section of waterfront.











Ducks!







Hawthorne Bridge


Some folks let their balloons go at the finish line which are to the direct right of the light pole.


No comments:

Post a Comment