Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Garden Update May 27th, 2012

The state of things...working in my garden which has turned more into a French potager than I intended.
The former chicken pen now has lattice to hide the veggie garden and our compost from the chickens.
Adding compost and new plantings to the former strawberry patch.
Our hydrangeas and delphiniums are clearly doing great.
The first offerings from the Ebb Tide rosebush.
Why yes, yes I do have black and purple iris blooming.
A kind bird planted this because I sure did not...the amusing part is when planted from seed or start my foxgloves have not survived.
The last of the Spring bulbs are finishing up including this beautiful red anemone.
MY champagne iris.
So last year Beth Adams and I went to Farmington Gardens for some plants. She bought a gorgeous hanging succulent garden and one broke off a tiny fragment which Beth gave me suggesting I shove it into my garden. Less than a year later and this is huge and blooming!
This Lotus maculata is a new favorite ground cover and the flowers which look like flames really are stunning!
Clearly the ground cover is taking well in the front yard. I will probably break this one up a bit but to the right you can see Irish moss which grows wild in our yard so I did not plant any.

No comments:

Post a Comment